Monday, December 10, 2012

Poor Pigs

Fellow animal lovers,

When I started this blog, I envisioned that, through it, I could express my love of animals and show how and why I think they're precious. I thought it would be all about their beauty. In order to honour this original intention, though, I must publish a disturbing post today because sometimes humans damage animals' dignity in such a serious and unforgivable way that we cannot turn our gaze. The big story in Canada today is not really news, for, alas, it has been going on for a long time: pigs are tortured on Manitoba farms. That is no lie. I am ashamed of this fact, and I hope that you will want to sign the petition below. I'm not telling you not to eat meat; that's a personal choice. I'm saying, though, that it's always wrong to torture any creature, and we must make it stop. Below, you'll find the petition you can sign (and send to your friends to sign). Next is a link to the news story that covers the matter. I don't recommend you click on the third link that leads you to the video; I haven't watched it myself. I can't. But I know you might not believe that what I'm saying is true unless you watch it yourself. I hate to show such a shameful side of Canada, but it's the truth.

Petition:
http://www.mercyforanimals.ca/pigcruelty/take-action.aspx

News story:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/12/10/mb-animal-abuse-hog-farm-puratone-manitoba.html

Video:
http://www.mercyforanimals.ca/pigcruelty/

No comments:

Post a Comment